Watches And Timers

Casio Men's MQ24-7E Classic Analog WatchThe items listed in yesterdays post seemed to be a surprise to a lot of you.  Let's discuss watches and timers.  You're allowed a timer or a watch into the exam.  I highly recommend that everyone bring a time piece into the exam.


I took the bar exam at the San Mateo location.  There are no clocks in the exam room. They give you a one hour warning and a five minute warning.  Nothing else.  When the one hour mark was called, I was on question 64.  I had stupidly forgotten my watch and didn't realize I was that far behind. 

Analog watches are the best because they won't unexpectedly start beeping.  When digital watches/timers go off in a convention center, it echoes. Imagine that happening with 3,000 stressed out law students.  Someone is going to try to find you in the parking lot after the exam.  

A trick to use with an analog watch is to set the hands at 9 o'clock when the test begins.  By doing so, you know the test session will end at exactly 12 o'clock.  This way you don't have to do any in-test subtraction to see how much time you have left!